- Whole numbers: Ten thousands, hundred thousands, and millions. Approximations, factors, multiples, order of operations, and negatives
- Four operations of whole numbers: Addition and subtraction, multiplication and division
- Fractions: Equivalency, addition and subtraction, mixed numbers, improper fractions, fractions of a set, and division
- Geometery: Right angles, measuring angles, perpendicular and parallel lines, quadrilaterals and triangles, circles, solid figures and nets
- Area, perimeter and volume: Area and perimeter of rectangles and composite figures
- Decimals: Tenths, hundredths, and thousandths. Rounding, addition and subtraction, multiplication and division
- Congruent and Symmetric Figures: Congruent figures, tiling patterns, line symmetry, rotational symmetry
- Coordinate graphs and change in quantities: Coordinate grid, changes in quantities and graphing changes in quantities
- Use a keyboard with proper fingering
- Students will be introduced to iPads and iPad applications
- Read & understand grade level materials.
- Demonstrate comprehension of reading stories, at grade level, through completion of oral and written comprehension questions.
- Apply reading strategies and skills using related workbook pages.
- Age appropriate literature study
- Book reports: Lunch bag report, Gallery report, Time machine report, free choice
- Research reports: Animal report, autobiography, biography
- Literature circles including Newberry winner books: a) Island of the Blue Dolphin, b) Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh, c) Stone Fox, d) Tales of the 4th Grade Nothing
- Demonstrate writing abilities through organization of thoughts, word choices, and sentence structure.
- Use persuasive and expository writing formats, and write “friendly and “business” letters.
- Write with correct punctuation, capitalization, and appropriate grammar.
- Identify parts of speech.
- Use dictionary and thesaurus.
- Use the Spelling Power program to receive individualized words.
- Use words in correct sentence structure.
- Memorize twenty five spelling rules per week and how they apply.
Extend knowledge of map/globe skills.
Demonstrate comprehension of the time period between the Holy Roman Empire and The Exploration of the West in the United States.
Name significant leaders and characters of this time period and their impact on the world.
- Identify the results of wars and their impact geographically.
- The nature of science
- Technology and the design process
- Plants and animals
- Earth's resources
- Earth and space
- Energy and heat
- Electricity and magnetisn
- Learn basic Latin alphabet, pronunciation of vowels and consonant sounds
- Pronounce, spell and translate 125 Latin words
- Understand the concepts of derivatives, English words that are derived from Latin
- Bible Education
- Music and Drama
- Participates in Speech Meet and Spelling Bee